Thursday, June 16, 2011

Green Smoothie-Loving Hippies




I arrived in Portland on the night of the 8th. I stayed at a hostel in a great section of town that has quiet streets lined with cafes, boutiques and tea shops. I explored the city on Thursday and then headed up to Snohomish, Washington to stay with my friend Alex from college. I've spent the last week here and have had a fantastic time.  We been filling our days trail running, with adventures to the surrounding cities and islands, visits to the farmer's markets and local food co-ops, and making delicious nutritious food (green smoothies are our favorite-yum!).



My Farmer's Market Dinner: Fresh strawberries and peas
w/ green juice. Yum!




June 10th: Trail running at Lizard and Lily Lake, Bellingham farmer's market, and exploring Fair Haven
Alex and I after our trail run at Lizard and Lily lake
At the overlook of Bellingham Bay 




June 12th: Pike's Place Market and Arboretum, Seattle, Washington

The Original Starbucks


The coffee shop where we got coffee instead of Starbucks:)

Ferry in Elliot Bay

June 15: Orcas Island




















1 comment:

  1. Love that you have really accepted your "hippie" title after all of these years. You look great love. Hope you're having a blast. Question...when on earth do you find time to charge all of your electronics!? I can only imagine forests now have outlets.

    ReplyDelete