Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Weary Traveler

Day 14 and 15: PCH, Monterey, and Big Sur
I left the state park early the morning of the 2nd and continued my drive up the coast. It turned out a portion of route 1 was still closed from the mudslides earlier this year so I had to head inland to 101 and ended up in Monterey a day early. I rented a bike in Monterey and rode to Carmel on Seventeen Mile Drive. It was a challenging but beautiful ride.
View from Seventeen Mile Drive


Early on the 3rd I headed back south on Route 1 to see the PCH on the northern side of the  road closer. Early in the morning Big Sur felt very mystical as the mist rose up over the cliffs. 


The infamous Big Sur Mist


The only waterfall that falls into the Pacific (when the tide is in that is)


By the end of these two very adventurous days I was exhausted and was happy to head North to Millbrae to stay with Lynn( my mom's old roommate) Franklin, and Hannah where I planned to spend a couple days recouping before heading to Seattle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment